Vivelle-Dot Warnings and Precautions
Before using Vivelle-Dot, warnings and precautions for the medication should be discussed with your healthcare provider to help ensure safe treatment. You should tell him or her about any existing medical conditions you have, including asthma, high cholesterol, or migraines. Vivelle-Dot is not suitable for everyone; women with liver disease, liver dysfunction, or a history of breast cancer should not use Vivelle-Dot patches.
Interested in a Discount on Vivelle-Dot?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Vivelle-Dot® (estradiol patch) if you have:
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Heart disease or heart problems of any kind
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- Had a heart attack, stroke, or blood clot
- Gallbladder disease
- High cholesterol, high triglycerides, or high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Had yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice) during a prior pregnancy or estrogen use
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE, or lupus)
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Porphyria (a condition involving problems with certain enzymes in the body)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Any allergies, including allergies to drugs, foods, preservatives, or dyes.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Still have a uterus (have not had a hysterectomy)
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Smoke cigarettes
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding.
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.