Who Should Not Take Prometrium?
Who Should Not Use Prometrium?You should not use Prometrium if you:
- Are allergic to Prometrium, progesterone, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components. Because Prometrium contains peanut oil, you should not take the drug if you are allergic to peanuts.
- Have undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Have ever had a blood clot or pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lungs).
- Have liver dysfunction or liver disease.
- Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Officially, Prometrium is not approved for use in pregnant women, although it is frequently prescribed for such use (see Prometrium During Pregnancy).