Important Warnings for Prempro
Drug Interactions With PremproPrempro can interact with several other medications (see Prempro Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- A history of blood clots
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- A history of heart attack or stroke
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol or high triglycerides
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE or lupus)
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- A history of yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin during a prior pregnancy or estrogen use
- Gallbladder disease
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Any allergies, including allergies to drugs, foods, preservatives, or dyes.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Smoke cigarettes
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Prempro and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Prempro and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Prempro Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)