Treatment Guidelines for Prempro
When and How to Use PremproGeneral considerations for when and how to use the medication include the following:
- Prempro comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take it with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- You can take Prempro at any time of the day, although it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Prempro your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Prempro
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Prempro Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, Prempro can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Prempro include, but are not limited to:
(Click Prempro Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)