The Prempro dosage you are prescribed will be based on several factors, such as how you respond to the drug and other medical conditions you have. Prempro comes in tablet form and is taken once a day. For most women, the recommended starting Prempro dose is 0.3 mg/1.5 mg once daily. Your healthcare provider may increase this dose if necessary.
Prempro Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Prempro™ (conjugated estrogens/medroxyprogesterone) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Prempro
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Prempro Dosage for Menopause or Osteoporosis PreventionWhen using Prempro for menopausal symptoms or osteoporosis prevention, it is typically recommended that this medication be taken at the lowest effective dose. However, the most effective dose (and how long it should be taken) can vary considerably from one woman to the next. For most women, the recommended starting dose of Prempro is 0.3 mg/1.5 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose.
When taking Prempro, you will not have a regular monthly period, although you may experience bleeding and spotting, especially at first. This usually goes away over time. If you experience persistent or bothersome bleeding or spotting while taking the drug, your healthcare provider may need to adjust your Prempro dosage.
When used for menopausal symptoms, your healthcare provider should periodically reevaluate your need to take Prempro every three to six months, and you should take the drug only as long as necessary.
General Information on Your Prempro DosageConsiderations for people using Prempro include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Prempro with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- You can take Prempro at any time of the day, although it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Prempro dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.