When to Avoid Premarin
Who Should Not Use Premarin?You should not use Premarin if you:
- Are allergic to Premarin, conjugated estrogens, or any of the inactive components used to make Premarin. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components in Premarin.
- Have a history of breast cancer (except when Premarin is used to treat the symptoms of severe, advanced breast cancer).
- Have any cancer that is sensitive to estrogen.
- Have undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Have ever had a blood clot or pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lungs).
- Have ever had a heart attack or stoke.
- Have liver dysfunction or liver disease.
- Have a blood clotting disorder that makes you more likely to develop clots.
- Are pregnant (or think you might be pregnant).