Important Instructions for Premarin
When and How to Use PremarinSome general considerations for when and how to use the medication include the following:
- Premarin comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- It can be taken continuously (every single day, with no breaks) or cyclically (with periodic breaks every once in a while). Your healthcare provider will help you decide which way is best for you.
- You can take it with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It does not matter what time of day you take it, although it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Premarin your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- How you respond to Premarin
- Whether you have had a hysterectomy
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Premarin Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, Premarin can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Premarin include, but are not limited to:
(Click Premarin Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)