Premarin Vaginal Cream Warnings and Precautions
Several potential risks are associated with Premarin Vaginal Cream. Warnings and precautions for this medication should be fully understood before starting treatment. For instance, you may not be able to safely use the cream if you have heart disease, liver disease, or an underactive thyroid. Premarin Vaginal Cream warnings and precautions also apply to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Interested in a Discount on Premarin Vaginal Cream?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Premarin® Vaginal Cream (conjugated estrogens vaginal cream) if you have:
- A history of blood clots
- A history of heart attack or stroke
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Had yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice) during a prior pregnancy or estrogen use
- High cholesterol
- Gallbladder disease
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Low calcium levels in the blood (hypocalcemia)
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Any allergies, including allergies to drugs, foods, preservatives, or dyes.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Smoke cigarettes.
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.