Minivelle is not the only available method of relieving menopausal symptoms. Other options include:
- Coping strategies, such as wearing lighter clothes for hot flashes or using a vaginal lubricant for dryness
- Other medications, such as other estrogens or combinations of estrogens with progestins
- Natural remedies, including herbal supplements and "bioidentical" hormone replacement.
People who use too much Minivelle may experience the following symptoms:
- Vaginal bleeding.
(Click Minivelle Overdose for more information.)
Minivelle patches should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep each patch in its original pouch until you are ready to use it.
Keep Minivelle and all other medications out of the reach of children. Dispose of a used patch by folding it in half and throwing it away, out of the reach of children and pets (do not flush it). The used patch still contains some estradiol.
If you forget to change your Minivelle patch, simply change it as soon as you remember. Don't forget to remove the old patch when applying a new one.
Minivelle patches come in the following strengths:
- Minivelle 0.0375 mg/24 hours
- Minivelle 0.05 mg/24 hours
- Minivelle 0.075 mg/24 hours
- Minivelle 0.1 mg/24 hours.
The strength of the patches is given in mg per day. In other words, a Minivelle 0.035 mg patch provides approximately 0.035 mg of estradiol per day.