Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Minivelle include the following:
- Minivelle comes as a skin patch. It is changed twice a week.
- Apply the patch to an area of clean, dry skin in your lower abdomen (stomach) or buttocks (below the waistline). Try to avoid placing the patch right at the waistline, as your clothes may rub against the patch and loosen it.
- Rotate the application sites so that you do not apply a patch to the same place twice in a row.
- If a little adhesive remains on your skin after removing a patch, a little lotion or body oil can help remove it.
- Dispose of an old patch by folding it in half and throwing it away, out of the reach of children or pets. Do not flush it down the toilet.
- For Minivelle to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Minivelle dosage, please talk to your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.