Common Reactions to Mimvey
Common Side Effects
The brand-name version of Mimvey (Activella®) has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in a group of women taking the drug were documented and then compared to those that occurred in another group of people taking a placebo (a "sugar pill" that does not contain any active ingredients).
As a result, it was possible to see what side effects occurred, how often they appeared, and how they compared to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common Mimvey side effects included:
- Vaginal bleeding -- in up to 26 percent of women
- Breast pain -- up to 24 percent
- Headaches -- up to 22 percent
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as the common cold) -- up to 18 percent
- Accidental injury -- up to 17 percent
- Sinus infections -- up to 15 percent
- Nausea -- up to 11 percent.
Other common reactions (occurring in 5 to 10 percent of people) included:
Weight gain is probably not a typical side effect of Mimvey (see Activella and Weight Gain).
Headaches, breast pain, and vaginal bleeding are the most common side effects reported with Mimvey. Most reactions to the medication tend to be minor and typically do not require medical attention. However, if you experience any serious problems, such as speech changes, pain in the calf, or difficulty breathing, contact your healthcare provider right away.