Menopause Home > Treatment Instructions for Vivelle-Dot
- The medication comes as a skin patch. It is changed twice a week.
- Apply the patch to an area of clean, dry skin in your lower abdomen (below the waistline). Try to avoid placing the patch right at the waistline, since your clothes may rub against the patch and loosen it.
- Rotate the application sites so that you do not apply a patch to the same place twice in a row.
- If a little adhesive remains on your skin after removing a patch, a little lotion or body oil can help to remove it.
- Dispose of an old patch by folding it in half and throwing it away, out of reach of children or pets. Do not flush it down the toilet.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- The medical condition being treated
- How you respond to the drug
- Other medical conditions you may have.