Menopause Home > What You Need to Know About Taking Red Clover
General Red Clover Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking red clover include:
- Because the manufacturing of supplements (such as red clover) is not closely regulated, it is important to choose a trustworthy manufacturer for red clover supplements. It is a good idea to look for a standardized product, which means that it should have a specific and consistent amount of the active components of red clover.
- If you have any chronic health problems or take any prescription medications, it is probably a good idea to check with your healthcare provider before taking red clover.
- If you have bothersome, daytime menopause symptoms, try taking red clover in the morning. If night symptoms (such as night sweats) are your main problem, try taking red clover with your evening meal.
- If you are currently taking any other form of hormone therapy (such as prescription hormone replacement or birth control pills), check with your healthcare provider before starting red clover.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or red clover dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider.