Menopause Home > Reviewing Prometrium With Your Healthcare Provider
Drug InteractionsPrometrium can interact with several other medications (see Prometrium Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Prometrium?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Prometrium if you have:
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Heart problems of any kind
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A history of heart attack or stroke
- Heart disease
- A history of blood clots
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Any allergies, including allergies to drugs, foods (especially peanuts), preservatives, or dyes.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Prometrium During Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Prometrium and Breastfeeding).