Menopause Home > Important Information on Prometrium Treatment
General Information on Your Prometrium DosageSome considerations for women using Prometrium include the following:
- Prometrium comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth once a day at bedtime.
- For hormone replacement therapy, the drug is taken 12 days in a row during each 28-day cycle of estrogen medication. You may not have regular periods while taking Prometrium.
- For causing periods in women before menopause, Prometrium is taken for 10 days.
- You can take the medication with or without food. If Prometrium bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Prometrium dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.