Menopause Home > How Do I Use Premarin Vaginal Cream?
When and How to Use Premarin Vaginal CreamGeneral considerations for when and how to use this product include the following:
- The medication comes in a tube, along with an applicator that can measure between 0.5 grams to 2 grams of the cream (in 0.5-gram increments).
- Women are typically advised to use it cyclically, such as three weeks on and one week off.
- Your Premarin Vaginal Cream package comes with detailed instructions on how to apply the cream using the enclosed applicator.
- You can take apart the applicator and wash it with mild soap and water. Do not boil it or use hot water.
- Many women find it easiest to use the cream at night, just before bedtime, to help prevent the medication from leaking out of the vagina. However, you can use it at any time of the day that works best for you.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Premarin Vaginal Cream your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to it
- Other medical conditions you may have.