Menopause Home > Premarin Vaginal Cream Dosage
The Premarin Vaginal Cream dosage your healthcare provider recommends will be based on factors such as the severity of your menopause symptoms. The standard recommended dose for treating vaginal symptoms is 0.5 grams to 2 grams of cream inserted vaginally once a day. Women are typically recommended to take their Premarin Vaginal Cream dosage cyclically, such as three weeks on and one week off.
Premarin Vaginal Cream Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Premarin® Vaginal Cream (conjugated estrogens vaginal cream) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on how you respond to the cream and the severity of your menopause symptoms. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Premarin Vaginal Cream Dosage for Vaginal SymptomsThe standard recommended Premarin Vaginal Cream dosage for treating vaginal symptoms is 0.5 grams to 2 grams of cream inserted vaginally once daily. Usually, women are advised to use the cream cyclically, such as three weeks on and one week off, for the shortest time necessary.
General Information on Your Premarin Vaginal Cream DosageConsiderations for women using Premarin Vaginal Cream include the following:
- The medication comes in a tube, along with an applicator that can measure between 0.5 grams to 2 grams of the cream (in 0.5-gram increments).
- Women are typically recommended to use Premarin Vaginal Cream cyclically, such as three weeks on and one week off.
- Your Premarin Vaginal Cream package comes with detailed instructions on how to apply the cream using the enclosed applicator.
- You can take apart the applicator and wash it with mild soap and water. However, do not boil it or use hot water.
- Many women find it easiest to use Premarin Vaginal Cream at night, just before bedtime, to help prevent it from leaking out of the vagina. However, you can use the cream any time of the day that works best for you.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Premarin Vaginal Cream dosage, please talk to your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.