Menopause Home > Osphena Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Osphena if you:
- Have unexplained, abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Have an estrogen-dependent cancer.
- Have a blood clot or have had one in the past.
- Have had a stroke or heart attack.
- Are or may become pregnant.
- Are allergic to Osphena, ospemifene, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
There are a number of situations in which Osphena should not be used, along with several warnings and precautions people should be aware of before using it. However, it is possible that not all of these issues were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific safety concerns that may apply to you.