Menopause Home > Generic Ogen
Ogen (estropipate) is currently available as a generic. Ogen and estropipate (the generic name for the drug) are considered equivalent, but it is important to keep in mind that the generic version may contain different inactive ingredients from the brand-name version. Generic Ogen tablets are available in three different strengths and are manufactured by several companies, including Watson Laboratories, Barr Laboratories, and Mylan Pharmaceuticals.
- Preventing osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Treating menopausal symptoms, such as vaginal dryness and hot flashes
- Replacing hormones in younger women whose ovaries do not produce enough estrogen.
- Estropipate 0.75 mg (equivalent to Ogen 0.625 mg)
- Estropipate 1.5 mg (equivalent to Ogen 1.25 mg)
- Estropipate 3 mg (equivalent to Ogen 2.5 mg).