Menopause Home > Minivelle Warnings and Precautions
You should not use Minivelle if you:
- Are allergic to it, estradiol, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components.
- Have a history of breast cancer.
- Have any cancer that is sensitive to estrogen.
- Have undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Have ever had a blood clot or pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lungs).
- Have a blood clotting disorder.
- Have had a heart attack or stroke.
- Have liver dysfunction or liver disease.
- Are pregnant, or think you might be pregnant.
There are a number of situations in which this medication should not be used, along with several safety concerns people should be aware of before beginning treatment. However, it is possible that not all of these issues were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific warnings and precautions with Minivelle that may apply to you.