Menopause Home > Mimvey Dosage
The standard dose of Mimvey is the same for everyone -- one tablet taken once daily. It is available in one strength, and is used to treat menopausal symptoms or to prevent osteoporosis. Every three to six months, your healthcare provider will reevaluate your need to take Mimvey. You should only take this medicine as long as necessary.
An Introduction to Dosing With MimveyThere is only one standard recommended dosage for Mimvey™ (estradiol/norethindrone). As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Mimvey Dosage for Menopause Symptoms or Osteoporosis PreventionMimvey comes in one strength: Mimvey 1 mg/0.5 mg, with 1 mg of estradiol and 0.5 mg of norethindrone acetate per tablet. The standard dosage for treating menopause symptoms or for preventing osteoporosis is one tablet once daily.
Mimvey is actually a generic version of Activella®. Although Activella comes in a lower strength (0.5 mg/0.1 mg, with 0.5 mg of estradiol and 0.1 mg of norethindrone acetate per tablet), Mimvey is not yet available in this lower strength. If you need the lower strength, you must use the brand-name product (Activella).
When taking Mimvey, you will not have a regular monthly period, although you may experience bleeding and spotting, especially at first. This usually goes away over time. If you experience persistent or bothersome bleeding or spotting while taking the drug, your healthcare provider may need to adjust your Mimvey dose.
When used for menopausal symptoms, your healthcare provider should periodically reevaluate your need to take Mimvey every three to six months, and you should take the drug only as long as necessary.
General Information on Taking MimveySome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Mimvey include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Mimvey with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It does not matter what time of day you take a dose of Mimvey, although it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Mimvey dosage, please talk to your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.