Menopause Home > Treatment Info for Menest
- Menest comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take this medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking your dose with food (some women find estrogens to be irritating to the stomach).
- Menest is usually taken cyclically, with periodic breaks every once in a while, unless you are taking it for relieving cancer symptoms, in which case it is usually taken continuously (every single day, with no breaks).
- It does not matter what time of day you take the drug, although it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Menest will not work if you stop taking it.
- How you respond to Menest
- The medical condition being treated
- Whether you have had a hysterectomy
- Other medical conditions you may have.