Menopause Home > Treatment Tips for Femring
When and How to Use FemringGeneral considerations for when and how to use the medication include the following:
- Femring comes as a small, flexible ring. It is inserted into the vagina once every 90 days.
- It does not matter where exactly the ring is located in the vagina. However, if you feel discomfort, it was probably not inserted far enough. Most women do not feel it after insertion, and the ring should not interfere with sexual intercourse.
- Femring cannot get lost inside your body. It is too large to be passed through the cervix.
- If the ring comes out, in most cases, you should simply rinse it with cool or lukewarm water and reinsert it.
- Most women can easily insert and remove Femring without any assistance. To remove it, simply hook a finger through the ring and gently pull it out.
- Dispose of the ring out of the reach of pets and children. Do not flush it.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Femring
- The severity of your menopause symptoms
- Other medical conditions you may have.