Menopause Home > Important Information on Estring
When and How to Use EstringGeneral considerations for when and how to use this product include the following:
- Estring comes as a small, flexible ring. It is inserted into the vagina once every 90 days.
- Most women can easily insert and remove Estring without any assistance. To remove it, simply hook a finger through the ring and gently pull it out.
- It does not matter where exactly Estring is located in the vagina. However, if you feel discomfort, it was probably not inserted far enough. Most women do not feel it after insertion, and the ring should not interfere with sexual intercourse.
- The ring cannot get lost inside your body. It is too large to be passed through the cervix.
- If the ring comes out, in most cases, you should simply rinse it with cool or lukewarm water and reinsert it.
- Dispose of the ring out of reach of pets and children. Do not flush Estring.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.