Menopause Home > Divigel
Divigel is a medication approved for treating menopause symptoms such as night sweats and hot flashes. It comes as a gel that is applied to the upper thigh once daily. The medicine comes in three different strengths and is available by prescription. Before your healthcare provider prescribes you Divigel, make sure he or she is aware if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, or asthma.
- Divigel comes as a gel that is applied to the skin once daily.
- It comes in small single-use packets. Each packet contains just one dose.
- After washing your hands, apply the entire packet of Divigel to the upper thigh and spread it over an area about the size of two palm prints. You don't need to rub it in, but you should let it dry before getting dressed. Switch between thighs daily, in order to prevent skin irritation.
- Make sure to apply Divigel to clean, dry, unbroken skin.
- Apply it at the same time each day. If you shower, bathe, or use a sauna daily, apply the gel just after such activities.
- Never apply it to the breast, face, or vagina.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water after applying it.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.