Menopause Home > When Should Depo-Estradiol Be Avoided?
Who Should Not Use Depo-Estradiol?You should not use Depo-Estradiol if you:
- Are allergic to Depo-Estradiol, estradiol, or any of the inactive components used to make Depo-Estradiol. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components in Depo-Estradiol.
- Have a history of breast cancer.
- Have any cancer that is sensitive to estrogen.
- Have undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Have ever had a blood clot or pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lungs).
- Have had a heart attack or stoke within the past year.
- Have liver dysfunction or liver disease.
- Are pregnant (or think you might be pregnant).