Menopause Home > Generic Delestrogen
Delestrogen (estradiol valerate) is currently available as a generic. The FDA has assigned an "AO" rating to generic Delestrogen, meaning the generic version of the medication is equivalent to the brand-name medication. However, generic medications are allowed to have different inactive ingredients, such as fillers or dyes, which can cause problems for people with allergies or sensitivities.
Generic Delestrogen: An OverviewDelestrogen® (estradiol valerate) is a prescription estrogen hormone replacement medication. It is approved for the following uses:
- Treating menopausal symptoms, such as night sweats, hot flashes, and vaginal symptoms
- Reducing the symptoms of advanced prostate cancer
- Replacing hormones in younger women whose ovaries do not produce enough estrogen.
Who Makes Generic Delestrogen?At this time, generic Delestrogen is made by Sandoz, a major manufacturer of generic medications.
- Estradiol valerate 10 mg/mL -- 5 mL vials, with 10 mg of estradiol valerate per mL
- Estradiol valerate 20 mg/mL -- 5 mL vials, with 20 mg of estradiol valerate per mL
- Estradiol valerate 40 mg/mL -- 5 mL vials, with 40 mg of estradiol valerate per mL.