Menopause Home > Basic Information on Delestrogen
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations for when and how to use Delestrogen include the following:
- Delestrogen is injected into a muscle, usually once a month (although it can be used as frequently as once a week for prostate cancer).
- Your healthcare provider will administer the injection, as it must be injected into the gluteal muscle (a muscle of the buttocks).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- How you respond to Delestrogen
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side Effects of Delestrogen
- Nausea and vomiting
- Breast pain
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Vaginal bleeding.