Menopause Home > Other Options Instead of Delestrogen
Other Conventional Medications as Delestrogen Alternatives
There are many different estrogen medications that can serve as alternatives to Delestrogen. These estrogens are available in many different forms, including:
- Other injections -- Depo®-Estradiol
- Skin patches -- Alora®, Climara®, Estraderm®, Menostar®, Vivelle-Dot®
- Gels, creams, or lotions applied to the skin -- Divigel®, Elestrin™, Estrasorb®, EstroGel®
- Spray (absorbed through the skin) -- Evamist™
- Oral tablets -- Cenestin®, Enjuvia®, Estrace®, Femtrace®, Menest®, Ogen®, Premarin®
- Vaginal tablets -- Vagifem®
- Vaginal creams or gels -- Estrace® Vaginal Cream, Ogen® Vaginal Cream, Premarin® Vaginal Cream
- Vaginal rings -- Estring®, Femring®.
In addition, there are also many combination products (which combine estrogen with other hormones), such as:
- Estrogens plus a testosterone -- Covaryx™, Estratest®
- Estrogens plus a progestin -- Activella®, Angeliq®, Climara Pro®, CombiPatch®, femhrt®, Premphase®, Prempro™.
Coping Strategies as Delestrogen Alternatives
Medications are not always the answer to all menopause symptoms. If you cannot take Delestrogen or other estrogen medications (or if you desire to avoid such medications), you may want to try other, non-drug ways to deal with the symptoms. Getting regular exercise and eating a healthy diet can work wonders for some menopause symptoms. Any measures to improve your overall health will likely help to improve your menopause symptoms as well. Also, there are a variety of vaginal lubricants and moisturizers currently available that can help provide relief from vaginal dryness and irritation. Some are even designed especially for menopausal women.
(For more ideas on ways to cope with menopause symptoms, see Menopause Relief.)