Menopause Home > Brisdelle Dosage
The recommended Brisdelle dosage for treating hot flashes due to menopause is usually 7.5 mg taken once daily at bedtime. This medicine comes as a capsule, and can be taken with or without food. If Brisdelle doesn't seem to be relieving the frequency or severity of your hot flashes, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to switch to a different medicine.
There is only one usual recommended dose of Brisdelle™ (paroxetine mesylate capsules), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust the amount unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The usual recommended dose of Brisdelle for treating moderate-to-severe hot flashes due to menopause is 7.5 mg once a day. It is recommended that Brisdelle be taken in the evening, at bedtime.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Brisdelle include the following:
- Brisdelle comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day, at bedtime.
- This medication can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- You should take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- If Brisdelle does not seem to be reducing the number or severity of your hot flashes, let your healthcare provider know. It may not be the right medicine for you.
- Brisdelle can cause drowsiness. Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or engage in any activity that requires mental alertness until you know how the medication affects you.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. This medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.