Menopause Home > Angeliq Dosage
For the treatment of menopause symptoms, there is only one standard Angeliq dosage -- one tablet taken once daily. Every three to six months, your healthcare provider should re-evaluate your need to take Angeliq, as this medication should only be taken as long as necessary when used for treating menopausal symptoms. When first starting Angeliq, you may experience some bleeding or spotting. However, you will not have a regular monthly period.
Angeliq Dosage: An IntroductionThere is only one standard recommended dose for Angeliq® (drospirenone/estradiol). As always, do not adjust your Angeliq dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Angeliq Dosing for Menopause SymptomsThe recommended dosage of Angeliq for treating menopause symptoms is one tablet (0.5 mg of drospirenone and 1 mg of estradiol) once daily.
If you are using Angeliq for treating menopausal symptoms, your healthcare provider should periodically re-evaluate your need to take Angeliq (every three to six months), and you should take Angeliq only as long as necessary.
When taking Angeliq, you will not have a regular monthly period, although you may experience bleeding and spotting, especially at first. This usually goes away over time. If you experience persistent or bothersome bleeding or spotting while taking Angeliq, your healthcare provider may need to adjust your dose.
General Information on Angeliq DosageSome considerations for people using Angeliq include the following:
- Angeliq comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, every day.
- It does not matter what time of day you take Angeliq, although it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- You can take Angeliq with food or on an empty stomach. If Angeliq bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Angeliq dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.