Menopause Home > Activella and Weight Gain
If you are noticing weight gain while taking Activella, there are a few steps you can take to get your weight under control. Some suggestions include:
- Limit your intake of alcohol or other "empty" calories (such as full-sugar soda, candy, and desserts).
- Participate in regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet. This diet should include:
- Lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
- Limited amounts of saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars.
Also, if you are noticing weight gain with Activella, talk to your healthcare provider. He or she can give you other suggestions for dealing with any weight gain. He or she may also look for other causes of weight gain, such as certain types of medical conditions. If the weight gain continues, your healthcare provider may suggest other lifestyle changes or recommend another menopause treatment.
(Click BMI Calculator to see if your weight is within a healthy range.)