Femring Drug Interactions
Several medications can interact negatively with Femring. Drug interactions may occur if Femring is taken with medications such as seizure medicines, barbiturates, and various antibiotics or antifungals. Some of these drug interactions with Femring could alter the level of the medications in your blood, which can increase your risk for developing side effects or decrease the effectiveness of the medications.
Interested in a Discount on Femring?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Femring® (estradiol vaginal ring) can potentially interact with several medicines, although not all Femring drug interactions are serious. Some of the medicines that may lead to interactions with Femring include:
- Barbiturates, including but not limited to:
- Butalbital (Fioricet®, Fiorinal®)
- Pentobarbital (Nembutal®)
- Phenobarbital (Luminal®)
- Certain antifungals or antibiotics, such as:
- Rifamycin antibiotics, including rifabutin (Mycobutin®), rifampin (Rifadin®), and rifapentine (Priftin®)
- Some seizure medications, such as:
- St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- Thyroid medications, such as: