Basic Information on Femhrt
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations for when and how to use femhrt include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, every day.
- It does not matter what time of day you take femhrt, although it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- You can take femhrt with food or on an empty stomach. If the medication bothers your stomach (as estrogen medications sometimes do), try taking it with food.
- For femhrt to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of femhrt your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to femhrt
- The severity of your menopause symptoms
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Femhrt Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of FemhrtAs with any medicine, femhrt can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of femhrt include but are not limited to:
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Breast pain.
(Click Femhrt Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)