Important Information on Estropipate Vaginal Cream
General considerations for when and how to use estropipate vaginal cream include the following:
- Estropipate vaginal cream comes in a tube, along with an applicator that can measure between 1 to 4 grams of the cream.
- Usually, the cream is used once daily.
- Many women find it easiest to use estropipate vaginal cream at night, just before bedtime, to help prevent it from leaking out of the vagina. However, you can use the cream any time of the day, whenever works best for you.
- The applicator can be washed with warm water and soap, but do not wash it with hot or boiling water.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The dose of estropipate vaginal cream your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to estropipate vaginal cream
- The severity of your symptoms.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Estropipate Vaginal Cream Dosage for more information.)
Estropipate vaginal cream can interact with several other medications (see Drug Interactions With Estropipate Vaginal Cream).