Estropipate Vaginal Cream Dosage
The recommended estropipate vaginal cream dosage for treating vaginal symptoms is 2 to 4 grams of cream inserted vaginally once a day. As with other hormone replacement therapy medications, the vaginal cream should be used at the lowest effective dose for the shortest time necessary. You should not adjust your estropipate vaginal cream dose unless your healthcare provider instructs you to do so.
The dose of estropipate vaginal cream (Ogen® Vaginal Cream) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on the severity of your menopause symptoms and how you respond to the cream. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
As with any other hormone replacement therapy, estropipate vaginal cream ideally should be used at the lowest effective dose for the shortest period necessary. The standard recommended estropipate vaginal cream dosage for treating vaginal symptoms is 2 to 4 grams of cream inserted vaginally once daily.
Considerations for people using estropipate vaginal cream include the following:
- Estropipate vaginal cream comes in a tube, along with an applicator that can measure between 1 to 4 grams of the cream.
- The cream typically is used once daily.
- Many women find it easiest to use estropipate vaginal cream at night, just before bedtime, to help prevent it from leaking out of the vagina. However, you can use estropipate vaginal cream any time of the day, whenever works best for you.
- The applicator can be washed with warm water and soap, but do not wash it with hot or boiling water.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your estropipate vaginal cream dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.