Answers to Questions on EstroGel
Alternatives to EstroGelEstroGel is not the only available method of relieving menopausal symptoms. Other options include:
- Coping strategies (such as wearing lighter clothes for hot flashes or using a vaginal lubricant for dryness)
- Other medications, such as other estrogens or combinations of estrogens with progestins
- Natural remedies, including herbal supplements and "bioidentical" hormone replacement.
What If I Take an Overdose?People who take too much EstroGel may experience the following symptoms:
- Vaginal bleeding.
(Click EstroGel Overdose for more information.)
Storage MethodsThe medication should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep EstroGel and all other medications out of the reach of children.
What If I Miss a Dose of EstroGel?If you do not take your dose as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember (or, if you prefer, simply skip your missed dose). If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
StrengthsEstroGel comes in one strength, which provides 1.25 grams of the gel (containing 0.75 mg of estradiol) per dose. EstroGel pumps come in three different sizes:
- 93 gram pump (contains 64 doses)
- 50 gram pump (contains 32 doses)
- 25 gram pump (contains 14 doses).