The recommended Estratest dosage is one tablet taken once daily. You can also take one or two Estratest H.S. tablets once daily. The medication should be taken cyclically, meaning you should take it for three weeks and then allow a one-week break. While you can take your Estratest dose at any time of the day, you should take it at the same time each day.
Estratest Dosage: An Introduction
The dose of Estratest® (esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Estratest
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Estratest Dosing for Menopause
If you still have a uterus (you have not had a hysterectomy), you should take a progestin medication along with Estratest, since taking estrogen medications without a progestin increases the risk of cancer of the lining of the uterus. Of course, if you no longer have a uterus, you do not need to take a progestin along with Estratest.
The usual recommended Estratest dosage for treating menopause symptoms is one Estratest tablet or one or two Estratest H.S. ("half-strength") tablets taken once a day cyclically. This means that Estratest is taken daily for three weeks, followed by a one-week break.
General Information on Your Estratest Dosage
Some considerations for women using Estratest include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Estratest is taken cyclically, such as three weeks on and one week off.
- You can take Estratest with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Estratest can be taken at any time of the day, although it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Estratest dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.