If the risks outweigh the potential benefits of taking Estratest, alternatives to the medication may be considered. A variety of other conventional medications are available to choose from, including other combination products and estrogen-only drugs. Alternatives to Estratest can also include natural remedies, such as herbal supplements or acupuncture, and coping strategies.
Interested in a Discount on Estratest?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Estratest® (esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone) is a prescription hormone replacement medication used to treat menopause symptoms. For some women, the risks of taking the drug may outweigh the potential benefits. Fortunately, several alternatives to Estratest are available for menopause treatment, including:
- Other conventional medications
- Coping strategies
- Natural remedies.
Many other products combine estrogen with other hormones in addition to Estratest, such as:
- Estrogen plus a progestin -- Activella®, Angeliq®, Climara Pro®, CombiPatch®, femhrt®, Premphase®, Prempro™
- Estrogen plus a testosterone -- Covaryx™.
There are many different estrogen medications that can serve as substitutes for Estratest. These estrogens are available in several different forms, including:
- Oral tablets -- Cenestin®, Enjuvia™, Estrace®, Femtrace®, Menest®, Ogen®, Premarin®
- Vaginal creams or gels -- Estrace® Vaginal Cream, Ogen Vaginal Cream®, Premarin® Vaginal Cream
- Vaginal tablets -- Vagifem®
- Vaginal rings -- Estring®, Femring®
- Patches -- Alora®, Climara®, Estraderm®, Menostar®, Vivelle-Dot®
- Injections -- Delestrogen®, Depo®-Estradiol
- Gels, creams, or lotions applied to the skin -- Divigel®, Elestrin™, Estrasorb®, EstroGel®
- Spray (absorbed through the skin) -- Evamist™.