Estrasorb is an estrogen medication approved for treating moderate to severe vasomotor menopause symptoms, such as hot flashes or night sweats. It comes in the form of a lotion that is applied to the thighs and calves once daily. The product is available by prescription and comes in brand-name form only. While most people tolerate it well, potential side effects include infections, breast pain, and spotting.
Interested in a Discount on Estrasorb?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Estrasorb® (estradiol emulsion) is a prescription hormone replacement medication. It is approved to treat moderate to severe hot flashes or night sweats due to menopause. Estrasorb comes as an emulsion (a lotion) that is applied to the skin once daily.
(Click Estrasorb Uses for more information on what Estrasorb is used for, including possible off-label uses.)
Estrasorb is made by Graceway Pharmaceuticals.
Estrasorb contains estradiol, an estrogen hormone. Estradiol is the predominant estrogen in women prior to menopause. Estrasorb helps to relieve menopausal symptoms by replacing the estrogen that the ovaries no longer produce. It is readily absorbed through the skin.
Some general considerations for when and how to use the medication include the following:
- Estrasorb comes as an emulsion (lotion) that is applied to the skin once daily.
- Estrasorb comes in small, single-use packets. Two packets must be used for each dose.
- After washing your hands, apply the entire packet of Estrasorb to the thigh and calf of one leg and rub in for three minutes. Rub any excess onto your buttocks. Repeat with another packet on the other leg.
- Make sure to apply Estrasorb to clean, dry, unbroken skin.
- Apply it at the same time each day. If you shower, bathe, or use a sauna daily, apply the emulsion just after such activities.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water after applying it.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.