The recommended Estrasorb dosage for treating menopause symptoms is two packets applied to the skin of the legs once daily. An entire packet of the lotion should be applied to the thigh and calf of each leg. It is important to apply your Estrasorb dose at the same time each day.
There is only one recommended dosage for Estrasorb® (estradiol emulsion), regardless of the severity of your menopause symptoms. As always, do not adjust your Estrace dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
For treating menopause symptoms, the recommended Estrasorb dose is two packets (each with 1.74 grams of lotion containing 4.35 mg of estradiol hemihydrate) applied to the skin of the legs once daily.
If you still have a uterus, you may have to take Estrasorb with a progestin hormone, in order to reduce the risk of precancerous and cancerous uterine changes. If you have had a hysterectomy, you do not need to take progesterone along with Estrasorb.
Some considerations for people using Estrasorb include the following:
- Estrasorb comes as an emulsion (lotion) that is applied to the skin once daily.
- Estrasorb comes in small single-use packets. Two packets must be used for each dose.
- After washing your hands, apply the entire packet of Estrasorb to the thigh and calf of one leg and rub in for three minutes. Rub any excess onto your buttocks. Repeat with another packet on the other leg.
- Make sure to apply Estrasorb to clean, dry, unbroken skin.
- Apply Estrasorb at the same time each day. If you shower, bathe, or use a sauna daily, apply the emulsion just after such activities.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water after applying Estrasorb.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Estrasorb dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.