An Introduction to Estrace Side Effects
Just like any medicine, Estrace®
(estradiol) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Estrace. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects of Estrace
Common side effects of estrogen medications such as Estrace include but are not limited to:
- Breast tenderness
- Irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting
- Abdominal (stomach) cramps or bloating
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hair loss
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Fluid retention
- Enlargement of benign tumors of the uterus (uterine fibroids)
- Vaginal yeast infections.