Ensuring Your Safety With Estrace Vaginal Cream
Just like any medicine, Estrace Vaginal Cream can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Estrace Vaginal Cream include but are not limited to:
- Breast tenderness
- Irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting
- Abdominal (stomach) cramps or bloating
- Nausea and vomiting.
(Click Estrace Vaginal Cream Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Estrace Vaginal Cream can interact with several other medications (see Estrace Vaginal Cream Drug Interactions).
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Estrace Vaginal Cream if you have:
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- A history of blood clots
- A history of heart attack or stroke
- Heart disease
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- A history of jaundice (yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin) during a prior pregnancy or estrogen use
- High cholesterol
- Gallbladder disease
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Low calcium levels in the blood (hypocalcemia)
- Any allergies, including allergies to drugs, foods, preservatives, or dyes.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Smoke cigarettes
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Estrace Vaginal Cream and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Estrace Vaginal Cream and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Estrace Vaginal Cream Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)