Estrace Vaginal Cream Dosage
The usual recommended Estrace Vaginal Cream dosage is 2 to 4 grams of cream inserted vaginally once daily for one to two weeks. Depending on the severity of your vaginal symptoms, your healthcare provider may recommend cutting back the dose to 1 gram three times weekly after the first few weeks. Your Estrace Vaginal Cream dose can be administered at any time of the day.
The dose of Estrace® Vaginal Cream (estradiol vaginal cream) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on how you respond to the cream and the severity of your menopause symptoms. As always, do not adjust your Estrace Vaginal Cream dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The standard recommended Estrace Vaginal Cream dosage for treating vaginal symptoms is 2 to 4 grams of cream inserted vaginally once daily for one to two weeks, depending on the severity of your symptoms. After that, your healthcare provider may recommend cutting back the dose (by half) for another one to two weeks. After that, it is typically recommended that the Estrace Vaginal Cream dosage be reduced to 1 gram three times per week.
Some considerations for people using Estrace Vaginal Cream include the following:
- Estrace Vaginal Cream comes in a tube, along with an applicator that can measure between 1 to 4 grams of the cream.
- Your Estrace Vaginal Cream package comes with detailed instructions on how to use the cream using the enclosed applicator.
- Estrace Vaginal Cream is usually used daily to start, but most women can eventually cut back to just three times a week.
- Many women find it easiest to use Estrace Vaginal Cream at night, just before bedtime, to help prevent it from leaking out of the vagina. However, you can use Estrace Vaginal Cream any time of the day -- whenever works best for you.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Estrace Vaginal Cream dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.