If Enjuvia is causing bothersome side effects or is not adequately controlling your menopause symptoms, there are various alternatives to the medication. Some of the Enjuvia alternatives include other conventional medications, coping strategies, and natural remedies. Although medications are not suitable for everyone, there is insufficient information available to prove whether natural therapies are as safe or safer than the conventional drugs used for treating menopause symptoms.
Alternatives to Enjuvia: An OverviewEnjuvia® (conjugated estrogens) is a prescription hormone replacement medication. It is approved to treat menopause symptoms, such as hot flashes, night sweats, and vaginal irritation or dryness. For most women, Enjuvia is effective and well tolerated. However, as with all medicines, bothersome or dangerous side effects can occur, or Enjuvia may not adequately control your symptoms. Also, for some women, the risks of taking Enjuvia may outweigh the potential benefits. Fortunately, there are several alternatives to Enjuvia for menopause treatment, including:
- Other conventional hormone replacement medications
- Natural remedies
- Coping strategies.
Other Conventional Medications as Enjuvia SubstitutesThere are many different estrogen medications that can serve as alternatives to Enjuvia. These estrogens are available in many different forms, including:
- Oral tablets -- Cenestin®, Estrace®, Femtrace®, Menest®, Ogen®, Premarin®
- Vaginal tablets -- Vagifem®
- Vaginal rings -- Estring®, Femring®
- Patches -- Alora®, Climara®, Estraderm®, Menostar®, Vivelle-Dot®
- Vaginal creams or gels -- Estrace® Vaginal Cream, Ogen® Vaginal Cream, Premarin® Vaginal Cream
- Gels, creams, or lotions applied to the skin -- Divigel®, Elestrin™, Estrasorb®, EstroGel®
- Injections -- Delestrogen®, Depo®-Estradiol
- Spray (absorbed through the skin) -- Evamist™.
In addition, there are also many combination products (which combine estrogen with other hormones), such as:
- Estrogen plus a testosterone -- Covaryx™, Estratest®
- Estrogen plus a progestin -- Activella®, Angeliq®, Climara Pro®, CombiPatch®, femhrt®, Premphase®, Prempro™.