More Information on Divigel
Divigel is not the only available method of relieving menopausal symptoms. Other options include:
- Coping strategies (such as wearing lighter clothes for hot flashes or using a vaginal lubricant for dryness)
- Other medications, such as other estrogens or combinations of estrogens with progestins
- Natural remedies, including herbal supplements and "bioidentical" hormone replacement.
People who take too much Divigel may experience the following symptoms:
- Vaginal bleeding (in females).
(Click Divigel Overdose for more information.)
Divigel should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep Divigel and all other medications out of the reach of children.
If you do not take your Divigel as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember (or, if you prefer, simply skip your missed dose). If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
Divigel comes in single-dose foil packets in the following strengths:
- Divigel 0.25 gram packet (which contains 0.25 mg of estradiol)
- Divigel 0.5 gram packet (which contains 0.5 mg of estradiol)
- Divigel 1 gram packet (which contains 1 mg of estradiol).
Usually, Divigel comes in cartons of 30 packets.