For the treatment of menopause symptoms, the usual recommended Covaryx dosage is one tablet once daily, taken cyclically. You can also take one or two "half-strength" Covaryx tablets once a day. Your Covaryx dose can be taken at any time of the day, but it is best to take it at the same time each day.
Interested in a Discount on Covaryx?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
The dose of Covaryx™ (esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Covaryx
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The usual recommended Covaryx dosage for treating menopause symptoms is one Covaryx tablet or one or two Covaryx H.S. ("half-strength") tablets taken once a day cyclically. This means that the drug is taken daily for three weeks, followed by a one-week break.
If you still have a uterus (you have not had a hysterectomy), you may be prescribed a progestin medication along with Covaryx, since taking estrogen medications without a progestin increases the risk of cancer of the lining of the uterus. Of course, if you no longer have a uterus, you do not need to take a progestin with Covaryx.
Considerations for women using Covaryx include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Covaryx with or without food. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Covaryx is taken cyclically, such as three weeks on and one week off.
- It does not matter what time of day you take Covaryx, although it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Covaryx dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.