If side effects become too much to handle, or if you do not respond well to Covaryx, alternatives to the medicine for menopause treatment are available. Other conventional medications can include estrogen-only drugs and other combination products. Natural remedies, such as acupuncture, and coping strategies, such as getting regular exercise, are also common Covaryx alternatives.
Interested in a Discount on Covaryx?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Covaryx™ (esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone) is a prescription hormone replacement medication used to treat menopause symptoms. It contains estrogen and testosterone. For some women, the risks of taking Covaryx may outweigh the potential benefits. Fortunately, several alternatives to Covaryx for menopause treatment are available, including:
- Other conventional medications
- Coping strategies
- Natural remedies.
There are many combination products in addition to Covaryx that combine estrogen with other hormones, such as:
- Estrogen plus a testosterone -- Estratest®
- Estrogen plus a progestin -- Activella®, Angeliq®, Climara Pro®, CombiPatch®, femhrt®, Premphase®, Prempro™.
Several different estrogen medications can serve as substitutes for Covaryx. These estrogens are available in a wide variety of forms, including:
- Oral tablets -- Cenestin®, Enjuvia™, Estrace®, Femtrace®, Menest®, Ogen®, Premarin®
- Vaginal tablets -- Vagifem®
- Vaginal rings -- Estring®, Femring®
- Vaginal creams or gels -- Estrace® Vaginal Cream, Ogen® Vaginal Cream, Premarin® Vaginal Cream
- Patches -- Alora®, Climara®, Estraderm®, Menostar®, Vivelle-Dot®
- Injections -- Delestrogen®, Depo®-Estradiol
- Gels, creams, or lotions applied to the skin -- Divigel®, Elestrin™, Estrasorb®, EstroGel®
- Spray (absorbed through the skin) -- Evamist™.