Proper Treatment With CombiPatch
Some general considerations for when and how to use CombiPatch include the following:
- CombiPatch comes as a skin patch. It is changed twice a week.
- Apply the patch to an area of clean, dry skin on your lower abdomen (stomach).
- Rotate the application sites so that you do not apply a patch to the same place twice in a row.
- Try to avoid placing the patch right at your waistline, since your clothes may rub against the patch and loosen it.
- If a little adhesive remains on your skin after removing a patch, a little lotion or body oil can help to remove it.
- Dispose of an old patch by folding it in half and throwing it away, out of reach of children or pets. Do not flush it down the toilet.
- For CombiPatch to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The dose of CombiPatch your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to CombiPatch
- Whether you prefer to have a regular monthly period or not
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click CombiPatch Dosage for more information.)