Detailed Guidelines for Climara
Some general considerations for when and how to use Climara include the following:
- The medication comes as a skin patch. It is changed once weekly.
- Apply the patch to an area of clean, dry skin in your lower abdomen (below your belly button) or on your upper buttocks.
- Rotate the application sites so that you do not apply a patch to the same place twice in a row.
- Try to avoid placing the patch right at the waistline, since your clothes may rub against the patch and loosen it.
- Dispose of an old patch by folding it in half and throwing it away, out of reach of children or pets. Do not flush it down the toilet.
- If a little adhesive remains on your skin after removing a patch, a little lotion or body oil can help to remove it.
- For Climara to work properly, the patch must be used as prescribed.
The dose of Climara your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the drug
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Climara Dosage for more information.)